Using collections is a great way to get started with modding a new game.
- You can start to browse collections by following the link within Vortex.
- We recommend downloading collections with a clean install (an unmodded game).
- If you have a large, working modlist for your game, be aware that installing a collection could cause complications for your current setup.
- Collections will vary in size, so keep in mind that you could download an all-inclusive collection, or a number of smaller collections to improve your experience, depending on the game.
- Pay attention to the descriptions as different revisions might work better for you than others.
Downloading a collection is easy.
We also have videos for downloading/installing collections as a Free User and as a Premium User on YouTube.
- Prior to starting, open Vortex and make sure it is managing the right game (i.e. Skyrim SE for a Skyrim SE collection).
- Navigate to next.nexusmods.com
- Choose a game and find the collection you want.
- Select "Add to Vortex"
You can see how popular a revision is by its health rating.
In Vortex, you will be prompted to install the collection.
- After confirming, the collection will begin downloading with a modal appearing for each mod.
- Skipping will ignore the current mod, and choiosing "Download" will open the normal mod page on the website.
Once you go through the usual download process, a new modal will open for the next mod on Vortex and you repeat the steps until installation is complete.
Depending on the mod, at certain stages Vortex may direct you to off-site requirements for which instructions for installation may be provided by the curator.
Installing as a Premium User is the same as a Free User but faster and with much fewer steps
Once confirmed, the collection will download all the mods from the website and install them.
Some mods may have multiple options and dependencies however, if the collection is well curated, this will be a "one-click download all" process with all options and orders pre-selected.
You can pause or cancel a collection download from the bottom right of the collection page, or on the specific modals for each mod as a Free User.
- Cancelling will remove the collection entirely including everything so far downloaded.
When your collection has a new revision, simply find the latest revision on the website and add it to Vortex to update your collection.
- Click on the revision to access the drop down menu.
- Removing a collection is done from either the Workshop or Collection page in Vortex and has two other options.
- "Remove mods" allows you to un-install the mods that were part of that Collection.
- "Delete Archive" removes the mod downloads from Vortex.